This matrix switcher is designed to be the central component of AV system. It is ideal for applications where multiple signals with different resolutions must be optimized for displays. It is also suitable for presentation spaces where two displays are needed.
The 8 x 2 HDR Video Matrix Switcher simplifies meeting room and presentation space system integration by providing one CATx extension input, four HDMI inputs, one VGA input, one DP input, one USB-C input, as well as one CATx output and one HDMI output. It also provides external audio inputs to be embedded in CATx-extensions, HDMI and VGA video inputs respectively. Moreover, it provides MIX audio input for global audio.
The matrix switcher provides true 4K scaling up to 4K at 60 Hz at 4:4:4. Both inputs and outputs are capable of providing 4K at 60 Hz at 4:4:4 signals (HDR). The CATx input and output provide an innovative solution with VLC technology, allowing transmission of HDMI 2.0 signals over a CAT5/6 cable while ensuring very high, original image quality. It is designed for use with the VX-HDB2-KIT extender kit. The USB-C input is ideal for AV interfacing with newer MacBook, Chromebook, and Windows PC, as well as smart phones and tablets.
The matrix switcher supports auto switching on HDMI, CATx-ports and HDMI loop outputs based on TMDS activity signals sensing. It also allows users to control system functionality via Web GUI, RS-232, IR and CEC. Additionally, users can control a relay device such as the rise and fall of a projector screen over RELAY ports.
- HDMI 20 and HDCP 22 compliant
- Supports video resolution down-scaling and up-scaling, 1080p, 1920 x 1200p, 4K at 30 Hz, 4K at 60 Hz can be selected for HDMI and CATx outputs
- Supports automatic switching
- Features a mirrored HDMI output for CATx output
- Visually lossless video de-compression and compression for HDMI signals transmission up to 131 feet (40 meters) at 4K and 229 feet (70 meters) at 1080p on CATx input and output
- CATx input and output support 24V PoC (Power over CAT6)