Smart Work Center Amsterdam Bright City Opens First Public Cisco TelePresence Suite in the Netherlands
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 14, 2010 - Today the first ever public telepresence service has been launched in the Netherlands. Public Cisco TelePresenceTM service is being offered by TPEX Netherlands and is already available to the public in the Smart Work Center Amsterdam Bright City. This facility is part of the Double U Smartwork, a network of Smart Work Centers throughout the Netherlands. Smart Work Centers offer high-end working facilities and aim to address modern urban challenges by measures such as reducing travel and promoting efficient and sustainable ways of working.
Public Cisco TelePresence suites operate on a subscription or pay-as-you-go service that can be booked online by virtually anyone through TPEX Netherlands. The TPEX Telepresence Network is connected to a number of other rooms around the globe through Tata Communications' Global Meeting Exchange. The Exchange enables business-to-business meetings between any public rooms or customer-owned private rooms on Tata Communications' services; as well as rooms on the networks of Tata Communications' Intercarrier-Exchange partners, BT and Telefonica, and the National Lamda Rail network, which links leading US universities. This network reach makes Public Cisco TelePresence a truly global collaboration tool.
The Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group is supporting today's launch announcement, which represents an extension of the Cisco Smart+Connected Communities vision. Smart+Connected Communities focuses on the network as the platform to transform physical communities to connected communities that run on networked information to achieve economic, social and environmental sustainability.
The Smart Work Center formula, and the partnership between local and global workplace services providers, make this model ready for global replication in Smart+Connected Communities engagements around the world.
- This introduction is a continuation of earlier Cisco Smart Work Center announcements, including the recent Double U Smartwork launch in the Netherlands and launch of Worksnug a special augmented reality application, or 'workplace finder', that allows you to find Double U Smart Work Center locations via a mobile device.
- Public Cisco TelePresence offers people the chance to enjoy collaboration and face-to-face working while reducing the need for travel and so optimize efficiency, but without the need to have their own high-end video conferencing equipment.
- TPEX Netherlands is responsible for connecting the initial Public Cisco TelePresence facility with the Tata Communications' Public Telepresence Network – currently the largest in the world and present in 21 major cities across five continents.
- The new Public Cisco TelePresence facility can be booked via TPEX.
- Regular workplaces at any of the Smart Work Centers across the Netherlands can be booked via the Double U Smartwork Reservation Tool. Through the portal, www.w-smartwork.nl, people can quickly find the nearest Smart Work Center location with the right facilities, whether they are on the road or at their workplace. The available providers are automatically displayed or, in case a facility isn't yet present in the requested location, the nearest centers.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you