New Model Delivers Advanced Connectivity, Crisp Image Quality and High Brightness at an Affordable Price
May 05, 2015
PowerLite 4770W Lifestyle
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 5, 2015 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the PowerLite® 4770W, a widescreen projector delivering brilliant color and amazing image quality for almost any venue. The PowerLite 4770W ($1999*) delivers 5,000 lumens of color brightness2, 5,000 lumens of white brightness2 and WXGA resolution, as well as advanced connectivity options and cutting-edge video processing for a range of installation applications at a competitive price point.
“Customers require projection solutions offering high brightness at a low price point and the PowerLite 4770W is the latest in Epson’s large venue and corporate projection lineup to deliver a robust feature set and wide range of connectivity options to meet customers’ needs,” said Phong Phanel, product manager, Large Venue and Meeting Room Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “In addition to high performance projection solutions, Epson is also committed to delivering professional-grade reliability with our advanced service and support teams and next business day replacement warranty.”
As the newest addition to the PowerLite 4000-Series, the 4770W delivers exceptional image quality, advanced connectivity, and flexible installation tools including horizontal and vertical lens shift. It includes HDMI® and DisplayPortTM to easily display content from nearly any device. With the Epson iProjection™ app3, users can wirelessly display and control content from smartphones and tablets. Additional features include:
- Built in Lens Shift for Easy Image Alignment: Up to 70 percent vertical lens shift and 38 percent horizontal lens shift
- Remarkable Video Processing: Faroudja DCDi Cinema® technology for exceptional video quality without introducing artifacts
- Split Screen Capability4: Project two images (video or still) side by side from two different sources, simultaneously
- Network Management and Control Tools: Remote presentations; built-in schedule function; EasyMP® Monitor tool to monitor and control all networked Epson projectors, setup email notification, and verify and change internal settings
- Advanced Installation Features: Including point and arc correction to easily adjust each side of an image for a perfectly rectangular image
- Centered Lens Design: Position the ceiling mount, screen and projector independently; screen will align with the lens at the center of the projector
- Convenient Test Patterns: Nine patterns to check linearity, color reproduction, bleeding and tone production; distortion detection included
- Long Lamp Life: High efficiency lamp lasts up to 5,000 hours in ECO mode and 4,000 hours in Normal mode5; lamp and filter located on the side panel for easy access and quick, easy replacement even if the projector is mounted
All Epson projectors feature the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors6 than leading competitive projectors. This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness7.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 4770W is currently available through distribution, VARs and resellers, and direct on Epson.com. The projector comes with a two-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information, visit www.epson.com/projectors.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you