ALAMEDA, California – August 16, 2022 – RGB Spectrum®, a global leader in mission-critical, real-time audio-visual solutions, has announced enhancements to its data visualization platform to maximize situational awareness for public safety organizations. The company's core video processing technology allows public safety personnel to collect data from multiple sources, view that data on a single- or dual-screen monitor setup and share that intelligence, throughout a facility or to a tactical workforce.
Rapid response and effective communication can make a significant difference when lives are at stake. In complex and fast-moving environments, such as emergency communications and operations centers, how information is presented is critical. RGB Spectrum's unified platform provides effective video walls, integrated desk displays, AV-over-IP and KVM solutions, and a new mobile app to address the mobile workforce. It's all about enabling better decisions, faster.
- RGB Spectrum's multiwindow, single-screen KVM appliance – the QuadView® UHDx KVM – offers the ability to control independent video sources using a single keyboard and mouse. The QuadView allows users to seamlessly interact with four computer screens in scalable windows on a single 4K 60Hz monitor. Each operator who uses that desk can save unique presets to re-arrange the location of windows, resize them, or select a different resource from a total of six available inputs.
- Our XtendPoint™ KVM system offers up to eight video sources, replacing an array of multiple monitors with just two large multiwindow high resolution displays. XtendPoint is based on an IP distribution architecture that can access signals over a LAN or a WAN using XtendPoint encoders and decoders. It is a truly versatile system. Visual data can be routed to multiple locations simultaneously, allowing real-time sharing with supervisors and colleagues. Benefits include ongoing training, interactive supervision, and real-time decision support.
- Bringing technology on the go is possible with RGB Spectrum's Zio® Video-over-IP Mobile App. Deployed on a smartphone or other mobile device, Zio allows video sources to be "pushed" by the 911 dispatcher to remote force members, individually or in groups, or "pulled" from the center by a remote team member. Any data the operator can access – photos, videos, building schematics, and more – can be shared to provide a common operating picture in real time.
Public Safety organizations around the country are experiencing how RGB Spectrum's technologies help improve decision making through greater awareness around incidents. Here are a few examples:
- San Francisco Police Department Improves Situational Awareness and Tactical Decision-Making
- The San Francisco Police Department's (SFPD) public safety initiative included a visualization technology upgrade in their Department Operations Center (DOC). It included two key elements: networked distribution of visuals within and outside the facility and two centralized video display walls. SFPD deployed RGB Spectrum's Zio and Galileo AV-over-IP platforms to create a collaborative, information-rich infrastructure providing interagency knowledge exchange, interaction, and collaboration. The other critical requirement for the SFPD was the ability to share visuals and data throughout the facility with mobile officers, its remote workforce, and other offsite entities. This information can be distributed throughout the DOC and adjacent training and conference rooms within its headquarters. The result: improved incident assessment, analysis, decision-making, resource deployment, and response.
- Elk Grove Police Department's Mission to Assure Better Public Safety
- Elk Grove California Police Department's Information Center needed to improve situational awareness, threat assessment, and resource response as well as achieve faster suspect apprehension. The Information Center required a video wall that would centralize an extensive volume of real-time visuals and data to enhance situational awareness. Operators would collaboratively view this information for incident assessment and resource deployment.
- Elevating Emergency Operations for Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County opened a new Emergency Operations Center (EOC) featuring a state-of-the-art situation room equipped with the latest real-time visualization technology. The EOC serves as a command center in the event of a crisis or natural disaster. Its role is to improve emergency response, including the mobilization of municipal, county, and private resources. Contra Costa County selected the RGB Spectrum solutions for their 24/7 reliability, support for diverse signal sources, ability to disseminate information to local and remote locations simultaneously, and exceptional 4K image quality.
"For the past 30 years, we have been a trusted leader in the data visualization market. Today, we continue to invest in innovative technologies that demonstrate our ongoing commitment to solving public safety's most complex problems," said Bob Marcus, President, RGB Spectrum. "The expertise and recognition we have built in this segment help us deliver the solutions that bring a wide range of benefits to these mission-critical environments." Our mission: Better Decisions. Faster™.